- Envision you home as a product that will appeal to a buyer
- Make the decision to let go of your attachments and think about how best to represent your home on the market.
- Start by opening your front door. Is the house welcoming? Does it seem inviting and spacious?
- Linger in the doorway of each room and imagine how it will look to a buyer.
- Picture yourself at the closing table and handing the keys over to the new owner.
Pack up personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyer’s cannot see past personal artifacts and get distracted with photos. They end up trying to figure out who you are, rather than imagining themselves living in the home.